Sunday, August 2, 2009

ONLINE MARKETING WITH A CONSCIENCE

I have spent the last 6 months surfing the net looking for an opportunity of setting up my own business on line.
As I am not a well off person, I also wanted to make sure any investment I made was sound, so I decided to only check out websites that were recommended by the scam office online.
All websites I investigated promised the following:
· To make an income big enough to fulfill my dreams
· Easy to follow instructions
· Free websites included in package
· Online help and technical support

I chose a couple to follow through (I wish to say at this stage that I am not running any of them down, they are good but hope to point out room for improvement)
All of the websites will tell you people fail because they do not follow the instruction, or they take shortcuts or they do not study it enough to understand it.

Well to all you marketing GURU’S I am here to point out the biggest reason why a lot of your customers fail.

COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS & HIDDEN COSTS

More than half the world is still on dial up. I have spent over 4 months spending at least 4 days a week at a minimum of 5 hours a day trying to download videos or e-books, taking up to 5 hours for a 6 minute video.
I have been known to get up at 3am to start a download and check it throughout the rest of the night. I have managed to download 3 E-books so far and 11 videos out of a supplied 21 e-books and 58 videos.

WHY? Well the dial up is very slow where we are with no chance of the phone company up grading the lines so people can get broadband.
I can not get the free upgrades of abode reader, or firefox, or even some internet explorer ones.
Being a very determined person I plunder on in the dark, mostly because I do not wish to waste my investment, so there is no room for failure for me.

So to all you Marketing Guru’s I wish to point out this massive hiccup that half the world have with your websites and please understand.
A lot of your customers spend everything they have on your websites believing totally in your sales pitch.
There is a lot of room for improvement; I would love to see something like this before people invest.
Dial up Broadband Wireless

Please click on the above link that suits your computer so that we can be sure you get all the information you are about to invest in.

E-books are great but some dial ups will not download them but they could be made open to people with a password.

Now if you are on a Broadband or wireless set up, one also has to be very careful of the amount you download as in our country [NZ] once you are past the 2g stage it becomes too expensive and so one must wait for the next month to finish the downloads. This causes a new problem, customers need to know all the downloads and their size before investing so they know where they stand with the deal.

The next major problem is all the hidden costs that a customer finds out after they have made their purchase. You make a purchase and it tells you to go to google for example in google you will have a one off payment or a bid on words, there may also be other search engines that charge a fee. Then you may have to go to book marking or pay for a website to be made for you, or lastly getting a PPC, some, if not all of these places can be an added cost that the customer doesn’t find out about until after they have made the purchase.

Now, if you are in the States selling your item remember the exchange rate is a lot more in other countries, so the added costs will be the killer.

Choices like this would truly make the world of differences to a lot of your customers; you would not be responsible for so many failures.
People could really believe in your sales pitch and Remember a happy satisfied customer will gladly recommend your website.
Unis Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment